Today’s positive…sometimes FB pages come up with some beauties. Today I saw this message 💗 Wise words.
This healthy living is hard work. Not just physically hard work, but hard work staying on track. We humans like to indulge, and I am guilty of that.
Still, it is the thought that counts, and I can say my intentions are always there.
This month is my NaNoWriMo challenge month. Last year I achieved the 50,000 words, but the muse has escaped me this month. I am about 7,000 words into my sequel to the novel I wrote last year. But the characters are no longer talking. It is hard with full-time work, but I was intent on doing it again. My mind however was elsewhere, and I chose to just go with what I felt I needed to do for myself.
It has been a full year and the usual end-of-year tiredness had set in. A personal family issue has been bothering me for the last three months. Enough to seek professional help, and it was the best I could have done for myself. The problem had left me empty, well at least not as creative as I could have been. But on the up side seeking help assisted me in maintaining a healthy mind.
So what are the main things I have learned that is helping me grow and move forward?
1. Even if you do not understand why or even agree, learn to listen and validate the feelings of others. They are real to the other person.
2. Another person’s decision and actions are not a mirror of you. It is their journey, not yours.
3. Self blame zaps your energy. You cannot change past decisions and actions. You only can affect future actions , so put your energy into them.
4. Learn to accept our roles in life are ever changing
5. Accept that we enter this world on our own and we only ever have ourselves.
6. Find peace in yourself and FOLLOW YOUR PASSIONS
I have walked a lot with the warmer weather approaching, and right now I am sitting in a park after an hour-long walk. Being outdoors is peaceful and clears any cobwebs. It is invigorating, and as your mind is part of your body, moving it improves your overall well being. Plus it awakens those creative juices.
I will continue my feeble attempt at healthy living, and looking forward to getting stuck into editing my novel in December. November for me was more National Me Month. Maybe I am onto something, NaMeMo.
How has your months been?
Today’s positive…realising that another person’s journey is not always a reflection of us. It’s just their journey and does not change our worth.