Welcome to 2020
Celebrating this New Year on a plane en route from San Francisco to Sydney.
Wasn’t sure what to expect. No big party but to be honest it’s a great way to reflect and relax into this new decade. What better way than to witness the beauty of mother nature from above. The colours are amazing and I just had to share. The photos do not do the colours justice but hope you get the feeling.
Our daily problems appear insignificant when in the company of this vast beauty.
Happy New Year to all. May this next decade be your best yet.
I love salmon, and this recipe would have to be my favourite so far. It’s simple, quick to prepare and totally delicious.
Citrus Poached Salmon with Asparagus.
- Mix juice of one large lemon and one orange.
- Put aside 1/4 cup for dressing
- Add rest of citrus juice to pan with cup of water.
- Bring to simmer and add skinless salmon
- Simmer covered for 4 minutes
- Add fresh asparagus, woody part cut away
- Simmer covered another 4 minutes
- Meanwhile add finely cut up parsley to the citrus dressing and mix with salt, pepper and lemon rind
- Add small dollop of butter on top of salmon.
- Serve on plate with asparagus and drizzle with parsley citrus dressing
Enjoy! 😊 👌
Vegetable and Bacon Frittata
Great dish for a warm summer day – and today is a super warm day here in Sydney.
- Quickly stir-fry cut up bacon, shallots and mushrooms.
- Add to oven proof dish and layer with cut up vegetables (I used carrots, beetroot and kale but add any you have in fridge will do. Just make sure they are even sized to cook at same time)
- Add chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk 6 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1tblspoon Flaxseed meal, a teaspoon of mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour into dish. Should cover bacon and vege mix.
- Bake in oven till golden (about 30 mins)
Enjoy with extra parmasan cheese, parsley and a light salad
Today’s positive…the beauty of flowers always brightens my day. This orchid, a gift from my sister, just keeps on blooming.
A delicious light lunch.
1. Stir fry raw prawns in sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame vege seasoning.
2. Spread avocado on crispbread.
3. Add baby spinach leaves, cucumber and top with freshly cooked sesame prawns.
Out early before the heat sets in
Today’s positive…setting up a gallery on Shutterstock. Still working my way around the whole process, but it’s fun learning something new. So far only a few photos, but hoping to see it grow. Anyone else had any experience with Shutterstock?
Today’s positive…after a hot summer’s day it was lovely to walk along Lake Budgewoi as it was cooling down. You can see the photos here. Absolutely stunning.
Lake Budgewoi Track Walk
Today’s positive…received this book from Australian Society of Authors. Feel proud to be a member and look forward to reading the articles and stories from so many great authors.