Most of us want to be healthy and enjoy optimal living. But we are all humans and have to accept that sometimes we fail for whatever reason.
As you know a few weeks back I started blogging about my intention to living as healthy as possible. Well I have failed! I did tell you I would blog about both my successes and my failures. I knew there would be a few.
So where did I fail?
I totally stopped my morning yoga all of last week. My weekend trip to Katoomba followed by the start of our daylight saving just threw out my routine and energy level. That extra half hour of sleep in the morning seemed more important than my yoga routine. But I am back again this week so all is well.
Totally out of character I was driving home from work Monday night and a sudden craving for chips came over me. So I popped into a fast food place and ordered not only chips but also a hamburger. I can’t remember when I last did that, but I did enjoy it.
How to deal with failures
I have decided I am not going to heat myself up about either failures. We will fail in life, but it is how we react and deal with it that matters.
- Accepting our shortcoming, which often makes us more endearing, can turn our failures into successes long term.
- Accepting and moving on with new and stronger intentions to do better will only help us.
- Realising that to fail means at least we have tried and that in itself is a success.
- Focusing on the successes we have had in other areas and give ourselves extra pats for these.
- Staying positive and not stress about it, as stress is often our biggest health killer
So for me it is onwards and upwards. I am determined to continue my pursuit of a healthier life.
Love to hear how you have dealt with failures in your life. Feel free to comment.