I love salmon, and this recipe would have to be my favourite so far. It’s simple, quick to prepare and totally delicious.
Citrus Poached Salmon with Asparagus.
- Mix juice of one large lemon and one orange.
- Put aside 1/4 cup for dressing
- Add rest of citrus juice to pan with cup of water.
- Bring to simmer and add skinless salmon
- Simmer covered for 4 minutes
- Add fresh asparagus, woody part cut away
- Simmer covered another 4 minutes
- Meanwhile add finely cut up parsley to the citrus dressing and mix with salt, pepper and lemon rind
- Add small dollop of butter on top of salmon.
- Serve on plate with asparagus and drizzle with parsley citrus dressing
Enjoy! 😊 👌
Today’s positive…Friday night’s dinner and drinks with girlfriends. Great way to finish the working week.
Today’s positive…commuting to work or driving to familier places we tend to take the same route; the road we know. But it often means we go on auto pilot and don’t notice our surroundings. Tonight I had dinner with a friend after work which meant a bit of a detour. All of a sudden I noticed the houses, the parks and the shops along my way.
We should change our routines more often. Get out of auto pilot and enjoy the moment.
Today’s positive…enjoyed our annual girlfriends Xmas get together. We all bring plates of food, wine and a kris kringle. Loads of fun. Finding your tribe in life is so important.
Today’s positive…enjoyed an inpromptu dinner out with friends tonight at local cafe. No cooking, no washing up and great company.
Today’s positive…treated myself to a delicious Thai Gang Dang curry on my way home from work. The beauty of living in a city with so many choices of great food.
Today’s positive…perfect evening out with good friends enjoying a scrumptious Italian meal with red wine flowing, and finished with Diesel concert. Doesn’t get much better.