I love salmon, and this recipe would have to be my favourite so far. It’s simple, quick to prepare and totally delicious.
Citrus Poached Salmon with Asparagus.
- Mix juice of one large lemon and one orange.
- Put aside 1/4 cup for dressing
- Add rest of citrus juice to pan with cup of water.
- Bring to simmer and add skinless salmon
- Simmer covered for 4 minutes
- Add fresh asparagus, woody part cut away
- Simmer covered another 4 minutes
- Meanwhile add finely cut up parsley to the citrus dressing and mix with salt, pepper and lemon rind
- Add small dollop of butter on top of salmon.
- Serve on plate with asparagus and drizzle with parsley citrus dressing
Enjoy! 😊 👌
Vegetable and Bacon Frittata
Great dish for a warm summer day – and today is a super warm day here in Sydney.
- Quickly stir-fry cut up bacon, shallots and mushrooms.
- Add to oven proof dish and layer with cut up vegetables (I used carrots, beetroot and kale but add any you have in fridge will do. Just make sure they are even sized to cook at same time)
- Add chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk 6 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1tblspoon Flaxseed meal, a teaspoon of mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour into dish. Should cover bacon and vege mix.
- Bake in oven till golden (about 30 mins)
Enjoy with extra parmasan cheese, parsley and a light salad
Today’s positive…a session at hairdresser always makes me feel better; reading while they wash, cut and colour away the greys 😊
Today’s positive…been listening to Marie Kondo’s book on tidying your house. She may be quite fanatic and unsual, but she has some good points. I’m inspired. Sock drawer done 🙂
Today’s positive…the beauty of flowers always brightens my day. This orchid, a gift from my sister, just keeps on blooming.